Printbox UK has its own in-house design team, but if you are suppling your own artwork we need you to follow a few basic rules to make sure we meet your deadlines and quality expectations. Getting everything absolutely right at the start of the process ensures you receive quality print at the end of it.
Our design team are familiar with most desktop publishing programs, if you need help or advice on creating your artwork, please call us and we will be happy to help.
** If ordering more than one version please upload a ZIP file containing all files or a multipage PDF file **
We assume that the files you send us have been proofed by you and are ready for printing. This means you have checked the document for all spelling and grammatical errors, colour issues, layout and design BEFORE sending us your artwork. With this in mind you will not need to receive any further proofs from us. Although we will do our best to ensure that the files you send us are set up correctly, if you follow the guidance you should not have any issues.
We require all artwork to be supplied as high resolution PDF files at the correct size for the product you are buying.
- File type – files should be supplied as high resolution (high quality) 300dpi PDFs.
- Images – all images used during artwork preparation should be 300dpi at the Finished Print Size to ensure good quality print.
- Fonts – all fonts should be embedded (select embed fonts in distiller options) or converted to curves.
- Colour pallette – please supply as a CMYK PDF, not RGB. It is important to ensure that all images used are also converted to CMYK. Using RGB PDFs can cause incorrect colours being printed or faults with RGB images.
- Bleed – PDFs need to be supplied with 3mm bleed and trim marks. With roller banners it is important to take into account the area that will stay in the stand at the bottom of the panel. This area should also be treated as bleed.
- Spot colours – all spot colours need to be converted to CMYK before creating the PDF. If the PDF is set up with spot colours these will be converted before printing and may cause incorrect colour reproduction.
Thank you so much for getting the posters done so quickly for us. They are great and exactly what we needed.
Richard Barnes Academy